Friday, May 19, 2006

Marching Orders and Angel Clouds

Urban Fossil

Well, this is it, - I have my marching orders from the UW Medical Center - I'm to be there at 11:15 a.m on Monday (22nd) - the surgery will probably start about 2 hours later. Dr. Gray said it would take anywhere from 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours depending on any problems with scar tissue from a surgery that I had about 30 years ago. We'll just hope that Dr. did a good job.

We are happy about the late check in time- that means that we can stay home on Sunday night (but not before we run down to our friend Donna's in Skagit county and look at her sweet spotted ewe lamb - I think John is smitten...)
I don't know if any of you have had surgery lately, but they have you do this 24 hour bowel cleansing thing - no solid foods - only CLEAR liquids (nope, no margaritas, either) for 24 hours before the surgery and you have to drink this stuff that gives you diarrhea - I think I'm glad we can do that in the privacy of our own home.

Now for some much better news - I forgot to tell you about the ANGEL CLOUDS yesterday! All the way down to Seattle, the clear blue sky was filled with big white feathery clouds looking like angel wings - I told my friend MaryEllen, who has a "Good News newsletter" about angels & miracles (& cats, of course), http://www.angelscribe.com/ , that it was like the angels were trying to tell me that everything is going to be OK. I'll take that to the bank any day.

The weekend is going to be packed: finishing up loose ends at work, cleaning house, finishing up my church's newsletter and, hopefully, planting my dahlias. I don't know if I'll get any more time to write. Wish me luck, OK?

All prayers and good thoughts greatfully accepted. Remember that Jordin will be updating for me on Monday - hopefully with good news.

XOX Tina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tina - I will be thinking of you tomorrow (I think drinking that awful stuff and getting the body cleared out was almost worse than the surgery) and on Monday. I know things will go well, and they will get the cancer cleaned out. Be well, and come home soon.
-Mattie's friend, Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tina.
Thanks for the update. I love your positive spirit---that's so important. I agree that the prep is no fun but the "Angel Clouds" will get you thru' that, too! :) To both you and John,with the love and caring of family and friends and the Angel Clouds above, we wish you only the best.
Holding you both in our hearts and prayers. Love, Theo & Barrie