Saturday, March 14, 2009

No matter where you go, there you are...



Like the old Johnny Cash song says -


I've been every where, man,










Take it from me - Paradise isn't paradise if it's 104 degrees and there are no trade winds - even the locals were complaining...







The views were often filled with condos and hotels -





I've been to Chinatown in San Francisco, Vancouver, Victoria and I've been to China...










We've seen the trees that reach to the sky and are older than the hills











We've crossed the deserts bare,













And breathed the mountain air...











We've seen the holy -













And the wholly incredible -












Of travel, we've had our share -









I've been to London, Paris, Vienna, Florence, Rome, Athens, Delphi, Germany, Mexico, Disneyland, San Diego, here and there -

But as Jane Austen said:

"Ah! There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort."

Right on, Jane, right on.

2 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

Oh you know it! :-)

Kathy said...

And that's where I'm headed real soon! BTW, how is Moni doing? I sent an email but it must not have mad it. Is she OK?