Saturday, July 28, 2007

Random Thoughts for a Saturday -


It's really been a beautiful week and everything in the garden is growing & growing - the nasturciums are threatening to take over the driveway!





And how can you have a bad day when this (Mt. Baker) is what you see on your way to work (OK, pretend like that railroad crossing thingy is not there) - I've often wondered what the early settlers thought when they would come around a bend and "ta da" there is this huge mountain off in the distance. The natives called it Komo Kulshan .






And out in the pasture - Life imitates art -

















One day last week I took my lunch down to the harbor - we live in a beautiful place to play and work.







The Port of Bellingham has done a fantastic job on this planting -it actually goes on for about 1/4 of a mile - It makes me want to throw a shovel in my little car and do a little "shopping" on the way home - I'm sure they wouldn't miss some of that crocosmia...

5 comments:

Kathy L. said...

And where are the real estate brochures? Hmmm...I'll bet you're bringing them with you, aren't you? ;)

Hugs to you and The Shepherd and Neelix and Sinda...

Kathy L. said...

And the sheep!

Biby Cletus said...

Hi

I'm new here landed up searching blogs on resources on pets. cool blog you have here, keep it up. i'm also interested in dogs and do have a german shepherd named devil ( named after the phantom's dog - i was a huge phantom fan in my childhood ) any way its nice to be here. i'll be back some time later for more updates.

Warm Regards from India

you might find this series
on dogs
in our blog interesting. do leave comments there. see ya.

Bijoy

Kerala, India

vlb5757 said...

NIce, nice view. All I get to look at are my two across the street neighbors uncut lawns. Nothing to get excited about for sure. A house on one side of mine is now up for sale. My scenery will be dozens of lookers clogging up our narrow street glazing at the house. Oh how I long for the open range view!!

Lavendersheep said...

Thank you for your kinds words on my blog. They were much appreciated