Monday, February 15, 2010

His Valentine's Present.....

Well, I figured I'd better show you his new sweater before the natives got too restless.

You may remember last fall when I spun and spun to make all this yarn for our friend Denise to knit The Shepherd a new sweater vest. She brought it to our guild meeting on Saturday, so he was able to wear it to church on Valentine's Day!








One of the ladies from church is also a spinner and knitter - she gave it her full approval!


















Denise used a pattern that The Shepherd picked out from looking at MANY, MANY mens vest patterns that we found on the internet.

She also used the vest that he has worn for the past 20 years or so that his "ex" made for him. He asked me one time if it didn't bother me that he wore it - "heck no"- it is a beautiful vest made from a gorgeous brown Navajo Churro (I think) wool - (really it is a work of art with cables and everything) - but he has practically worn the poor thing out. So it was time for a new one.

Thank you Denise for your wonderful skill and care that you took - I think he's already planning which fleece he'd like made into the next vest.


Olympic Update: The Chinese won both the gold and silver in "Pairs figure skating" tonight - both couples were just fantastic - how the heck do they do that? - & Congrats to the Canadians for their GOLD medal won by Alexandre Bilodeau in the men's moguls - (he'll need that gold medal to pay for the knee reconstruction surgery they'll have to do when he's 30...)

6 comments:

I need orange said...

Very nice! Love the yarn! The choice of pattern shows off the yarn so well, and the fit looks perfect.

Bravo, all! :-)

Sharon said...

That could not have turned out any better! Good job on the spinning, Tina. I love that yarn and that's the perfect pattern to show it off. You have a very nice friend!

Leigh said...

It looks great! Everything really came together well: spinning, pattern, and knitting. And it looks warm to boot.

Donna said...

The vest looks just great and fits well too! Now I have forgotten which sheep it came from.

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

WOW very handsome....the vest also:) Looks very warm and cozy and I love the color of heathered browns. Denise is a real yarn artist!
Sorry about the closet...but that might happen here at the cozy cottage too if I don't take some of this stuff to Goodwill.
More skating tonight...can't wait!
You must be in Olympic fever up there...the Inuit symbol used for the logo means 'the way'...
I am so excited for your new adventure in beginning your business...I know the Lord will bless this creative effort. Doing what one loves is always a great way to spend one's life....
XOXOXOX Karla

vlb5757 said...

That is just fabulous! Great job. I have yet to knit anything that large for my husband. He's only gotten a pair of felted clogs. I have a scarf in the wings for him but don't know when I will get to it. Too many projects ahead of that one.