Monday, June 18, 2007

The little alien's sisters -


Since I teased you all with the picture of the little alpaca in yesterday's post, I thought I'd post the rest of the pictures I took on Saturday at Al's birthday party.

"Pick me, pick me!" , we said -

The alpacas spent most of the party out in the far corner of the pasture, but were glad to come in when they heard the feed bucket being rattled. Isn't the brown & white one splendid looking?






They were pretty social, but clearly not used to the kind of noise that the group was making.











Doesn't this look like a great place to be an aplaca?

Yeah, she didn't care much for this party business. I think I may have a great greeting card picture on my hands, don't you?

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm glad they are SOMEONE"S cup of tea! Me, I've got to enjoy looking at what's in my pastures, and THOSE wouldn't cut it. But yes, that "alien" picture could make a funny greeting card.

Kathy said...

They almost look like pipe-cleaner animals with those crazy "dos" they're sportin'. :)

But did you get any alpaca for spinning?

(And how are you feeling?)

Leigh said...

What wonderful photos. That last one is just too funny. It must have been a wonderful day.

Tina T-P said...

Hi Michelle - not my cup of tea either - I don't like how they smell, isn't that wierd? Our friend Nancy will be looking for you at BSG!

Kat - no, we got away before I got to ask him for a little sample, altho, I think he has a buyer for most of it, I might be able to get an "old friend's discount" tho - we're going to invite ourselves back when they have babies in the fall.

Leigh - It was a fun afternoon - I used to bowl with Den's wife Sharon - probably 25 years ago - so we go WAY back - isn't that amazing- especially when I realized that the grandbaby that Sharon was carrying around belonged to the "baby boy" that she used to bring bowling with her! LOL - what a way to feel old all of a sudden!

Oh, and those clouds you see in the background - they opened up and poured, just as we were leaving ... :-) T.

shepherdchik said...

The pictures are adorable! Definitely you need a caption on that last one. Those are the saddest eyes I've seen in a long time.