Thursday, December 04, 2008

A Meme from Miss Peach

My friend Miss Peach has a very fun Meme on her blog today - Here is how to play:

Go to your Picture Folder on your computer or wherever you store your pictures. Go to the 6th Folder and then pick the 6th Picture. Post it on your blog and tell the story that goes with the picture.

Here's my picture - from January 2008. My pictures arrange numerically (I guess) - so all the January (01/dd/yy) pictures are first, followed by the 02/dd/yy, etc.




After my dismal "scratchy scarf" failure with my older sister, my younger sister said she would really like a granny square scarf, but it COULDN'T BE SCRATCHY! - and by the way, could it include black, purple and red - so I went to the local craft store & put together these wonderful bright neon colors in a nice soft cotton yarn (this is actually one of the pictures that I took where the colors are all close to original - that dark spot in the back is the black) and crocheted and crocheted and crocheted on Granny Squares - & made a very nice colorful scarf for her.

I actually asked her last Sunday if she had worn it yet and she informed me that it had only been cold enough one day - she had worn it, but that it was a "little long". Well, I had made it judging by my height, which is 5'9" or so and NNT is only about 5'3" - so, mayyybbbeee, it might have been a little long?

She did, however, allow as how she could probably wrap it around her neck a couple of times and it would then be "not so long" it sounds like it was, after all, acceptable.

Better be - tieing off all the ends of those Granny Squares is an extreme pain in the backside - now I know why I don't make more things with Granny Squares. In fact, I really like a nice verigated yarn - the colors change - you don't have to do a darn thing, and you don't have hundreds of little ends to tie in.


Miss Peach invited all of her readers to play along and so do I. Tell us the story of your "sixth in the sixth" !!



3 comments:

Sharon said...

I like this Meme better than any of the others and it's everywhere. I love seeing all of the 6th of the 6th. I had a little trouble determining what my 6th folder was since my 6th only had one photo in it. I need to clean up obviously.

I love those colors, and yeah, granny squares are a chore, but they look great and they stand the test of time.

Kathy said...

I wish I could even get to the 6th folder on my computer! :( Sadly, I have to use the DH's 'puter as mine is very sick.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to report that the 6th folder in My Pictures had only two pictures. Now what??!