Thursday, August 23, 2007

Working on the next 100

Post #201 ~ a milestone if you count base 10's I guess - (I have to tell you that I was pretty weak on that part of my math education.)

If you've wondered where I've been, (like my sister who called to see if I was OK because I hadn't been posting) ...I have been burning the midnight oil this week with my church newsletter. I have been the editor for two years now - it kind of caught me by surprise this year - (we take the summer off- quite civilized, I think)

I'm so not ready for summer to be over.

So, what's coming up? I have a really good recipe for shepherd's pie made with ground turkey (no lamb dishes around here - ick); and I'm currently reading a mystery novel - a who-dunnit where the flock of sheep, led by a very smart ewe called "Miss Maple" ferrit out who did in their shepherd. I'll be sure to report on that!

Plus, our friends Curtis & Felicity are celebrating their 20th anniversary with a big party on Saturday - I think it will bear telling about - they are having a live band - Pearl Django (Here's a clip from their bio - "Celebrating more than 13 years in existence Pearl Django continues to be one of America’s most respected and busiest Hot Club style groups. Their music reaches out across the divides of taste to a wide variety of audiences. The band's fervent followers include Django Reinhardt and Stephane Grappelli fans, guitar enthusiasts (and guitarists!), lovers of string music, including bluegrass devotees, who relish nimble, clean, intricate picking, "world music" fans drawn to French and Gypsy accents, plus jazz buffs and aficionados of the new swing music. Transcending simple categorization, Pearl Django packs in enthusiastic audiences at dancehalls and nightclubs, at folk music festivals and jazz festivals alike". Voted favorite area jazz band 2003,by Seattle Weekly readers! ) I have been listening to the MP3's from their web site while I'm writing - fun music - not your every day soft rock, that's for sure! I'm looking forward to hearing more of their music.

Well, that's the skinny on what's happening - I'm grateful that the weather has been temperate (OK, so, it's been darn wonderful, but in deference to my southwest and midwest friends who are having such horribly hot days and flooding rains, that's all I'm going to say about it, OK? ) The cats need to go to the V-E-T for their annual check-up and we need to find a house sitter for when we go on vacation. There's lot's to do, and I'm not going to get it done sitting here - it's time to hit the sack!

6 comments:

Leigh said...

It seems as though a lot of blogs slow down in the summer. But obviously you haven't slowed down!

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back in "good form", sis. Don't be worrying me like that again, alright?

Can you get me an invite to that 20th bash? I love Pearl Django and would love to see them in person. Here in Lewis County our choices for the weekend are Randy Travis at the Napavine Amphitheater or the 10th annual Garlic Festival...say, did you know it's possible to keep on typing while you hold your nose with your right hand?

Tammy said...

Hi Tina,
Good to have you back blogging! I know what you mean about summer being over too soon. I will be so glad to see the hot weather go, but there is still alot I want to get done outside before the days get too short! I enjoy your blog, even though I don't comment as much as I want to. Take care, Tammy

Kathy said...

We're having Blues Traveller, Dr. Hook, plus a LOT of other Blues people here. I'm hoping I can get to a couple of concerts as the amphitheater is just two miles from us. I've missed most of the summer events and would love to catch at least a couple before we have to shovel snow.

I think most bloggers are out in their gardens or enjoying their animals, etc. during the summer. I know I'm a better blogger when held captive indoors during the winter.

Christine and FAZ said...

I was enjoying reading your blog until you mentioned the word V.E.T.

FAZ the cat

Sharon said...

I still think seasonally that summer is the "off" month, but almost all of the grade schools here are on year-round tracking so they're getting a whole new perspective on when a year starts. I'm old-school enough to still mentally start my year in January, but I have to keep statistics at work on a fiscal year. I'm so confused.....