Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Random Thoughts -

Hope you all had a Happy New Year.

We went to our friend Nancy's for New Year's brunch and music - delightful as always. I wish I'd taken a picture of the potato casserole that I took. My friend at church calls it "Mugga's potatoes" after her sister. Involves frozen cubed potatoes, cream of chicken & mushroom soup, grated cheese and sour cream. How could you go wrong with that? It was yummy.

Had a minor setback today with a "knee thing" - couldn't put any weight on my "real" knee - I don't have the slightest idea what caused the problem, but this knee has been going down hill for (more than) a couple of years now - the ortho doc says he'll replace it when ever I want - Heck - I haven't finished paying for the other one that I got done 6 years ago yet! But I actually stayed home from work today - first "sick" day I've taken in about three years - I hate to miss work though - it always puts you more days behind than what you missed, if you know what I mean...

I hope to have a Caturday Report this week. The kids spent the whole day sleeping on the bed with me - except for the poor birdie that Gracie "defeathered" in the bathroom this afternoon - I decided to spare you the pictures of that! - so tonight they are in and out, in and out, in and out - luckily we have a cat door so we don't have to tend to the comings and goings.

My motto for the new year is change - (or try to change, at least) Like W.L. Bateman said - "If you keep on doing what you've always done, you'll keep on getting what you've always got."

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Hang in there, Tina. We're all falling apart as well. ;)

I do hope that you can get the knee fixed and get busy gettin' busy! :) I fingure it's harder to hit a moving target, so that's why I have the sheep - they keep me movin' and my wheels greased. Well, on most days anyway.

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!