Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Busy hands are --- well, busy hands...


I have been doing a LOT of crocheting lately - this baby quilt for a friend's son and daughter-in-law who just had their first baby -

It's about 3 1/2 feet wide -










And this one for a co-worker whose wife is expecting their second child. It is about 3' x 4' - both of them are double strand baby acrylic - (I finally found a use for all that baby yarn I inexplicably bought two years ago)

I wish that the color on this one had come out better on the big picture -





but you can kind of see it here - it looks like you are looking into a swimming pool - all green and blue (my favorite colors) and sparkly white. -









I have them all wrapped in tissue and stashed in some neat cloth bags that I bought on line from Oriental Trading Co. I was looking for some project bags for some of the kidlets at church that I am teaching how to crochet - these were bright rainbow colors - about the size of a small fabric shopping bag - a dozen for about $12 - one for each kidlet and a half dozen for me for gift bags - such a deal.






After I took the afghan pictures, I puttered around on the porch taking pictures of our Japanese maples. This pictures is for Michelle because I know they are her favorites.













This made me think of all the Sci-Fi movies and TV shows that are coming out this summer - no, it's not a pod people plant, just a wisteria getting really close to blooming.

You probably won't hear from me for another week or so, as I'll be working on a project for church - a craft that is really seductive - I can see why people fall in love with it...but certain people read my blog sometimes, so... mum's the word...

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing the Japanese maples! ;-)

vlb5757 said...

The baby afghans are wonderful. I have acrylic yarns that I always look for a way to use them up. Those are the perfect project! They are beautiful. I am sure the moms will love them as well as the babies.

Love the Japanese Maples. I have one that is about 8 years old in my back yard. I love it so much I bought a baby one at a plant sale and have high hopes that it will be just a wonderful as our first one.

Kathy said...

Neat-O! You HAVE been busy!

I had a very hectic week...will try to get ahold of you this evening. ;)