Sunday, May 29, 2011

Looking Back Sunday

This was taken last year at the end of April. This year, the lilacs have just started to bloom- they are almost a month late.

We still haven't hit 70 degrees yet. People in other parts of the world are having such horrible weather, I hate to complain, bur really - this is getting to be too much!

Luckily I have lots of indoor projects - I have finished two baby blankets - finally using up some acrylic baby yarn I purchased for unknown reasons at Joanne Fabrics a couple of years ago. They are really pretty - I'll take pictures of them tomorrow




Recent rain storms (although nothing like other parts of the country) have stripped our trees of blossoms -

I've also been busy spinning - we have been asked to take part in an arts & crafts fair in September - I suddenly realized that if it happened today, I'd have very little to offer - So I'm busy making yarn and will be using some of it to crochet fingerless gloves to offer at that same fair.











Mother Nature seems to have gone all "girly" this year - it seems like there is pink everywhere - especially our dogwood, which stands out in the garden like a beacon -

I have been rendered speechless again and again when looking at the pictures coming out of Joplin MO. The town is very much the same size as Bellingham - and the devastation there is unfathomable.




Looking back to May of 2006 - I was home from surgery at Seattle's Cancer Care Alliance. Our friend Diane brought me this bloom of a beautiful peony from her garden, We loved it so much, she was kind enough to give us a start from it. This year it has four stalks and lots of blossoms - again, it is also about a month late in blooming.

It's been a busy couple of weeks - church newsletter time and all - plus I'm working on a top secret project for our minister, who is retiring after serving our church for the past 20 years. You'll probably get to see a picture of it, but not until after next Sunday.

Hopefully I'll be able to get back to you before then - but if not, have a great week! Can you believe it is almost JUNE??? - the next thing we know, it will be the 4th of July!

No comments: