Sunday, July 27, 2008

Halter training for the boys

In preparation for the upcoming Shetland Sheep Show at the Skagit County Fair in August, John has been working with the boys doing some halter training. He works with them a little every night - Our friend Nancy G. is going to help show, as we are taking HB, Louie & Danny all down.









Nancy had Louie - He was less than thrilled to be having the experience, but he did a good job.











The kind of reminded me of the old "Pied Piper" tale, where everyone follows the leader out of town.















A struggle, a snuggle and checking fleece
























Well, that really wasn't too bad - can we have more kibbles?

Nope, halter training is done for the evening - maybe tomorrow, boys.










I thought this picture of HB & Louie up next to each other was kind of cool - HB's wool is going
to be very special, I think.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Not dissimilar to dog training, though I think I'd prefer dogs on leash to sheep. I laughed at the Shetland show in Eugene - frustrated shepherds leading by horns. Good luck - good thing you're starting early. Your fleeces look wonderful. Any jet black ones available for sale???

vlb5757 said...

I agree that it's good you are starting early. I wish we had done that with our dogs. They would do much better with our walks. I love the difference between the two sheep. Boy wouldn't spinners love the get those fleeces!