Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Three pretty things in the garden

 Sunshine and blue skies alternating with cool rainy days - that's spring in the Pacific NW.

Our hearts and prayers go out to the people in Oklahoma and other places in the Midwest that are suffering because of bad weather.


The kitties have been "squirrelly" lately - I think part of it is the warmer weather - they are outside more and it is appealing to them to be outside in the evenings - and, there "may" be some fleas in the carpet :-(     -  but for the most part they are staying inside at night.  I worry so - but they are farm cats and all I can do is try to put a mental "protective field" around them -

Bella got her foot caught in the cat door a couple of weeks ago - we think she was protecting the house from the ebil orang dude.  She bit me on the knuckle before The Shepherd could spring her loose.  Luckily it didn't get infected, and luckily she didn't seem to have any damage at all from the whole event.  The Shepherd came out on the short end of the stick because he wrenched his back in the whole escapade and had to go to our friendly chiropractor several times before it would settle down. 


I have been doing a LOT of reading - Robin Carr (a new-to-me author that my sister introduced me to) and a couple of the Joanne Fluke "Hannah Swensen Mysteries", a Diane Mott Davidson murder mystery (that was way too hard to follow -too many obscure characters)  and a new British author called Marcia Willett - "A Week in Winter" and right now I'm reading "A Friend of the Family" - her writing is in the style of Maeve Binchy, and I enjoyed "A Week in Winter" so much that I went on Amazon dot com and  ordered 5 more of her books.  yippie!   

So that's about it.  Happy Lucky Penny Day! 

1 comment:

FullyFleeced said...

Tina-
Have you read the Maisie Dobbs detective series by Jacqueline Winspear? They are set in post-WW1 Britain. I haven't read a lot of mysteries and detective books, but really enjoyed those.
Denise