Friday, September 21, 2012

No Cauliflower this year

 The Shepherd's cauliflower plants grew large and lush this year

 There was only one problem -




they were all empty.

The people he sold plants to had crop failures too, so he knew it wasn't just him.  Guess we won't be buying that seed again.







The pumpkins, however, were making a break for it.  Reaching for the sky - "up the beanstock" - or the bamboo, as the case may be.

Unfortunately, it got too heavy and came crashing down last weekend.

Artisan Faire is tomorrow - the bags and boxes are all ready to be packed into the car.  Whew. 

3 comments:

Leigh said...

I have never tried to grow cauliflower. We really like it, but I've never ventured out on that one! I'm sorry yours didn't do better. That's always disappointing as well as puzzling.

Knatolee said...

I got one measly, buggy cauliflower out of my six plants! Not a good year for my brassicas, apparently, but everything else did well!

Kathy said...

We've had a great pumpkin year too, but the broccoli was very wimpy - one small head and a bunch of side sprouts was all we got.
Oh, well...that's gardening!