Friday, February 20, 2009

Hi, my name is Tina and I'll be your waitress today...


Who's that lady? Where's The Shepherd?

"Pearl, do you know where he is???"

"I think I heard him say something to her about going to a far away place called Salem, Oregon. Something to do with church, what ever that is."




"He told me she'd take good care of us. I think I remember her from before. Do you think we can talk her into extra kibbles?"

Don't even think about it girls. I'm wise to your ways. You and the boys will get the same great service from me that you get from The Shepherd.




Yup, I'm the Stand-in Shepherd this weekend. The Real One has gone off for our church Annual General Meeting and some R&R -

And I get to stay home and putter around. I have a long list of things I need to get done.

But I had a few minutes to sit with the girls tonight after feeding was over. Do you remember Violet? We brought her home from our friend Nancy's last fall. She is such a sweet little peanut.


And just look at her wool...

I call dibs.....





Look out Black Sheep Gathering - here comes another first place fleece!


Hmmm - think I'll go make that shrimp salad I've been thinking about all afternoon. Yum.

6 comments:

Jans Funny Farm said...

Nice looking girl and wool. Who missed the Shepherd, you or them? :)

Michelle said...

Violet reminds me a lot of my Butter girl, only with longer fleece. Very pretty! Have a fun weekend "batching it."

Mim said...

Pretty girls! I see more beautiful fleeces in that group!

Kathy said...

Drool, drool, drool....

Don't those girls know that you're just as good as the Shepherd? They will before too long. :)

Leigh said...

Too funny. And gosh but is that every gorgeous fleece!

Lilylou said...

Hi, Tina,
It was great to see the Shepherd this past weekend in Salem and to catch up on the farm and the church. Your blog had fallen OFF my radar for awhile so I'd been out of touch. Sorry about that!
Kit