Sunday, August 17, 2008

Whew, it's hot

It's only 78 degrees here today - cool by comparison to other places in the state - where three 100 degree days have practically cooked the blueberries right on the stem at my sister Wisten's farm south of here in Lewis County, or 102 degrees in Yakima where Merrill and her family lives. (that would cook me on the stem, to be sure) Nance, in Tacoma has a bearable 82 degrees today - not much warmer than we are.

So to offer up a little cooling breeze, here is a picture of our front yard from last winter. Breath in the cool air? Ha, nice try - I don't think it's working.......

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Great idea! I was trying to think "Cool Thoughts" myself! It's very sultry here.

Tammy said...

That caused me to do a double take! ha.. Good idea, for all those suffering in the heat. We are very nice here--in the upper 70s. I took advantage of it to wean off lambies, so the noise temperature is pretty high! Take care,
Tammy

Michelle said...

It didn't get hot here today like it was supposed to; the clouds persisted and a stiff breeze came up this afternoon. We went to a local blueberry farm to nab some berries on their last open day and were delighted with what we got; not cooked on the stem or soft like we feared after the recent hot weather. And only $6/bucket -- a $1 off their regular price!

Sharon said...

We had a hot week too, but I know that in one month we might be having to set a fire in the woodstove in the mornings so I'm trying to keep a positive attitude. A front came through and really dropped temps so that I'm worried for my poor tomatoes tonight. I'm actually glad that it's going to warm up since my little green ones will stay that way otherwise.