Saturday, June 14, 2008

Constant snoopervision


I am playing for church tomorrow (I actually volunteered) - The theme is Father's Day - the songs are "Cat's in the Cradle" by Jim Croce and "My Father" by Judy Colins. Both kind of sad, melancholy songs, I guess, but I think they will work out OK.

When I used to sing at Dos Padres, I was always surprised at the number of young adults who would request "Cat's In the Cradle" - or, after I would randomly sing it, would remark that it was one of their favorite songs.

I have the words typed out, but I noticed that I didn't have the chords written in. Hope I can remember them!

Better go practice.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

That Neelix is one big cat still! Since you are at the top of the alphabet, you are the first and only blog I've had a chance to open since my return. Sounds like you've had more going on in my absence than desirable! Are YOU still coming to BSG? If so, I'm looking forward to meeting you!

Sharrie said...

A cat will always find the spot it decides it most comfortable. Our big one does the same kind of thing.

Kathy said...

You go, Neelix! Keep a watch on that Mom of yours! :)

Break a leg!

LavenderSheep said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LavenderSheep said...

Have you seen this version of Cat's in the Cradle?

A definitely not so serious version!

Rascal said...

Glad to see you have good snoopervision for your practicing. We Cats have to keep an eye on you humans.

Sharon said...

Little boy blue and the man in the moon, when you comin' home dad? - that is such a strong song. The other strong song that comes to my mind is Sunrise, Sunset. Doncha love the power that music has~