Monday, December 25, 2017

Pumpkin harvest

The Shepherd picked all his pumpkins  (try to say that fast, ha ha) at the end of October and brought them in the greenhouse to set a while before processing.  This year he switched from the Amish pumpkins to a French variety,  they are bigger. 
Just before Thanksgiving we started baking them up.  I scrape the baked pumpkin into a big bowl and hit it with my immersion blender until it is nice and smooth.  Then I pack it in two cup amounts in freezer bags.  Just enough to make a pie or pumpkin muffins.  Nice to have as the year goes on. 

3 comments:

Lilylou said...

So glad to see the photos and the catch-up from you and the Shepherd! I've missed you!

Michelle said...

What a bounty!

Anonymous said...

Happy to see you blogging again. I am not good at keeping up with instagram, but I only do it to see what you rae up to. It looks like I "need' french pumpkins!