Sunday, June 19, 2011

Looking Back Sunday? Nope, real time...

I went back to 5 years ago on the 18th of June (when these pictures were taken) and I had almost the same pictures - so I thought I'd show you the pictures I took last week and what is in our garden this spring.

This beautiful peony was a gift from our friend Diane. We didn't have it staked very well and the blossoms were so heavy that the stalks are all lying down on the ground - but it is still one of the prettiest peonies I've ever seen.





I took LOTS of pictures of bonsai azaleas -

Mother Nature came out all "girly" in our yard this year - it seems like everything is pink or close to -















Actually I don't think I had any pansies in my 2006 pictures, but this one was so cute, I just had to show you - and remarkably, the color came through real true - and my camera is not very good at picking up the reds and blues...












This little rosa glauca was just about a foot tall when The Shepherd planted it out by our driveway - now, even with some pretty stringent pruning it is over six feet tall - the flowers are just about this size. and the blue foliage is very striking.











Last year, The Shepherd experimented with planting lupine out at the front gate - it has come up much bigger than his expectations - some of these plants will probably have to be moved - but they are so pretty - especially the pink ones.













And this picture is for my older sister - recognize this paper bark maple that The Shepherd got from you a couple of years ago? He whacked it off and put it in this little pot. If you click on the picture to biggafy it, you can see how the bark is beginning to peel - hence the name "Paper bark maple"

I hope you've enjoyed this little walk through our gardens - up next? Sheep! They are growing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous peony. What kind is it? Mine aren't quite blooming yet this year. Seems so late!