Thursday, November 05, 2009

Blog Blast For Peace


What if, just for one day
mothers didn't need to worry about their sons
and daughters?
Children didn't need to worry
about their mom or dad coming home from war?


What if, just for one day
the shepherds could walk their fields, without
worry of hidden mines -
the soldiers could walk the streets without
fear of being ambushed -


What if, just for one day
God said
ENOUGH!
"Turn your swords into plowshares
and your spears into pruning hooks and
nation shall not lift up sword against nation,
neither shall they learn war any more"


What if just for one day,
Dona Nobis Pacem


Blog Blast for Peace 2009

Three years ago a lady named Mimi Lenox had a dream - a dream that she could get all bloggers to focus on Peace for one day - maybe it might make a difference. This is the third year I have participated. This is the blog is used in 2007 - I like the message I wrote and I still hope that someday we will know Peace in the world.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Dona Nobis Pacem. I could sing it in my sleep and I love it with all my heart.

Kathy said...

I'm sorry I missed this. Been focused on so many things happening this week, the least of which is at Ft. Hood. Ralph and I met there. And I was an investigator there. :(

If only there would come such a time as armies are not needed.

Dog Life Jackets said...

Nice post i really changed of reading it thanks for sharing.

Annelisa said...

Lovely peaceglobe!