Sunday, May 04, 2008

Yes sir, yes sir, FIVE bags full!



Do you remember our road trip at the end of March to Gretchen's Wool Mill? We took seven fleeces - four from this year and three from last down for processing. True to her word, she called last week - in just a month, our fleeces were ready to pick up!





Luckily the weather was much better this time around - heavy rain in spots, but no rain at all once we got to Gretchen's place. Finished fleeces were inspected and duly loaded into the truck for the ride home.

Here they are - five bags full - (Anna Dee's & Regina's were combined)


All nicely wrapped in paper - this is Susie's from last year.







Click on the pictures to biggify so you can see the beautiful fibers!







I get to choose between Susie's fleece from last year and Gwennie's from this year - The Shepherd wants to have the other three made into sweater vests for himself. The one I don't choose will be our first offering for sale on the Washington Wool dot Net website!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Bee-you-tea-full! Looks like she did a bang-up job on them!

And how much have you spun up already? LOL! Glad you had a good trip.

Michelle said...

Oh, all that clean, processed fiber looks wonderful! I am so looking forward to having some of mine processed so I can stop feeling the pressure to do them and just enjoy spinning. I plan to take them to BSG and find a vendor who will take them and be able to return them for pick-up to OFFF in order to save shipping or extra driving.

Sharon said...

Jealous I am, uh huh (Yoda-speak) I was complaining that I couldn't find the rest of Mickey's roving - I seem to out! When I went into the garage, there's last year's fleece, as big as life on a top shelf. Doh.

Leigh said...

Mmmm, yummy. Now, let's see some spinning!!