Sunday, October 15, 2006

A work day in the barn, part 1


The Girls are very suspicious - when ever they are locked in the barn, it is a sign that baaaad things are going to happen.

Today it was pedicures, worming & setting up the breeding group, and moving Jasimine to her new home in Mt. Vernon with Toni & John C.



Pearl was not too happy about getting her tonails clipped & what is this thing that dad just put on my face!!!???

















I think I have dibbs on Pearl's lamb fleece. Isn't it pretty? & very long - she is just a little peanut under it - If we sheared her today, she'd just fly away.











Remember Gwendolyn. She not only came with spots, she came with horns, which is somewhat rare...

Our friends Donna & Tom brought her up to her new home with our flock last sumer.


http://ablipontheradar.blogspot.com/2006/07/all-kinds-of-company.html

Her wool is stripped under all those spots. Hmm., now which fleece do I want to keep?


Gwennie also got a new halter, very stylish don't you think?









We were in charge of snacks for church today. I made my "famous" Seafood Caesar Wraps, Turkey Caesar Wraps & Ham Wraps - (They were all very good, if I don't say so myself, and they disappeared quite rapidly too) We partnered up with our friend Vic and he brought crackers and cheese, and fresh locally grown grapes. We also brought apples & carmel dip - a new experience for some of the older folks, but it is so tasty, that they caught on quickly! Big week ahead - I'm on my way to "San Anton" - more later!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

There's some beautiful fleece there, Tina! And john reminds me that I need to do a little trimming on the girls myself. I did get Skit's done over the weekend.
And what are you planning on making with these wonderful fleeces? :)

vlb5757 said...

Those are some nice fleeces growing there. I bet you will love spinning that! When do you shear?

Kathy said...

Gwendolyn is a great name for a sheep - it was my mother's name. :)

melanie said...

Hello! What a nice "visit" I had..all the way across the country, and it's not even 10:00 a.m. here. Gorgeous fleeces - I helped shear my flock just this month, not because they were necessarily ready, but because I got the shearer and lessons last week, and when you find a shearer around here, you don't argue...

Your girls seem to have smoother locks - or are you just pulling them that way? Our Shetlands are a bit kinkier (and no, not THAT way!) but still lucious and soft.

And you reminded me - I still have pedicures to give...