Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Inspiration (or my lack thereof)

Susan, who writes the blog Farmgirl Fare http://foodiefarmgirl.blogspot.com/ recently announced that she had been having so much trouble with her computer network & because of other issues, she was going to "take a break" from blogging.

I almost cried - well, not almost, I did cry - mostly for Susan and her frustrations - but because I enjoy reading her blog so much - her writing is fresh & witty, informative & entertaining, and she has a great way with a camera - her farm in Missouri is in a very picturesque area, and she takes the best pictures of her animals. She has devoted readers from all over the world - sometimes reading the comments on her blog are as entertaining as her blog entry! Her camera work has inspired me to find beauty in the common every day world.

I was happy to see that she had a new post today - maybe she has solved her computer issues - maybe just taking a week off was good enough to rest her "inner blogger" -

When I thought about it, I was astonished to realize that I knew more about what was going on in Susan's life than I did in my sister's or my good friends here in town. Hmmm - what does that mean?

Heck if I know -It's "angel time" (11:11 pm) and time to go to sleep, I think. Thought I'd share this picture I took of a little chick-a-dee in John's sunflower patch - between the chick-a-dees and the gold finches, they pretty much have the sunflowers cleaned out - & BOY you ought to hear them when they get to talking about it!

Heading for bed. T.

No comments: