Monday, April 14, 2014

Oh, my - lookie what I found in the barn this morning!

Well, I got kind of a late start this morning - I was supposed to run a fan motor into town "early" but, you know, it IS my vacation this week -

But I did agree to go out and check on Wendy a couple of times - when I got out there at about 10:30 - look what I found!

Wendy had her babies.  All by herself, thank god.

I did get them settled in a jug (small pen for mom & lambs for my non sheepy friends)  -







There are two little ewes, both around 3 3/4 pounds (The Shepherd weighed them when he stopped in after lunch to "check on them"

They are both "moorit" or brown, and by looking at the amount of white on their heads and tails, they will probably turn and be fawn colored. 








Like I said, Wendy was a very good mom and had them all cleaned off in no time. 
















Here is Donna & Django - it is amazing what a difference even 24 hours makes as far as the little ones getting around -

He seems like he is pretty mellow and laid back - that is a good thing for a ram. 









Here is Vikki & Wether #2 - they are hopping around and head butting each other already! 

Here is also a little video so you can hear the mamma talk to the babies.  (and them talk back)

Four down, one to go - the lamb count is 7 - 4 ewes, 1 ram and two wethers.  (or at least they will be as soon as they are big enough!) 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I call the fading brown ones musket instead of fawn. I can't get over what a pretty head Donna has!

Yvonne said...

Love those little lamb voices!