Wednesday, January 01, 2014

New Year's Greetings!

 So, this is what we've been doing -

I've been spending a lot of time spinning.

The Shepherd wants another sweater vest from his sheep's yarn - This is "Donna" 








The roving was done for us by Evergreen Fibers in Woodinville - He did a really nice job. 

We went to brunch at our friend Nancy's farm to celebrate New Years - Lots of good music, good food and good friends.  I had finished two bobbins of "Donna" so I took my spinning wheel and started plying it.  I'll take a picture of it when I get it skeined up. 


This is some CVM/Romeldale  yarn that I spun up last month -
 and this is some "Kathy Green Roving" - She uses a high micron count fiber and through a process of combing, dying & carding comes up with a yummy, easy to spin fiber.  Some of my favorite! 

The kids have been spending a lot of time snoozing.  They are such funny & affectionate kitties.  
Sorry I haven't been blogging much lately - my "new eye" is at war with my other eye and, obviously the prescription in my glasses (which is over 2 years old) is not corrected yet.  So I end up trying to focus both eyes, generally unsuccessfully. - making it extremely difficult to see/read what is on my computer screen.  BUT, tomorrow is my one month appointment  from my surgery and my Dr. said I would get my new prescription TOMORROW - You can better bet I'll be checking out some optical shops this weekend to get new glasses - YAY!!!

Til next time - Happy New Year from everyone here on the farm! 

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Love that kitty love! Hope you get new glasses SOON.

Sharrie said...

Your spinning is beautiful. Thank heavens you can spin when your eyes won't let you read. Hope you are seeing perfectly real soon.

Mariodacatsmom said...

That yard looks delicious. I love yarns and home spun is the best! I sure hope something can be done about your eyes. Love the cuddly kitty pictures too. I think they are bonded for sure.

Katnip Lounge said...

Happy New Year!

I started crocheting again (at work, where it's safe)! The wool looks delicious!

Knatolee said...

Love those cuddling cats. Hope your eyes get sorted out soon!

Anonymous said...

So happy Donna is making such nice yarn for you. I hope she makes a great vest too!