Monday, November 26, 2012

Still in "NO ROOM FOR PICTURES" mode...

Well, as I said on T'giving, the evil Blogger/Picasa has cut me off for free pictures - Apparently I have been posting pictures that were too big in MB, so now I must either go through and re-size a whole heck of a lot of pictures (Over the past 5 years, I've posted almost 3000 pictures to my blog!!) Or, pay $2.49 per month storage and get billions & billions of MB available -

After resizing a dozen pictures or so (it's not difficult, just time consuming) and gaining back about 1/2 of a percent of storage, that $2.49 per month is lookin' pretty good right about now...and after just the few pictures that I did re-size - my hands and fingers were starting to tingle (I just did a big data-base project at work and gave myself some carpal tunnel issues) 

The weird thing is I don't remember getting any kind of warnings that this was going to happen -and for some reason Google Wallet wants to see a copy of my driver's license before it will take my money - So, what's with that???

The cool thing is while I was "re-sizing" all those pictures, I discovered the "Decorate" button on Picassa - so now my cats can wear Hats - or tiara's or mustaches - Bwahaha -

Anyhow, I'd like to thank Jan from Jan's Funny Farm (after you watch the video of the funny vibrating dog, scroll down to the Picasa instructions. It will be worth your time to check it out, and not get caught in a bind by "the ebil Blogger" -

This is my church newsletter week, so unless I get it done pretty quickly, I probably won't post again until next weekend.  Can you believe that it is almost December? 

3 comments:

Jans Funny Farm said...

Glad the "tutorial" helped. This is getting weirder by the day. Google wants a copy of your drivers license before you can pay? Resizing by hand sounds awfully good over that. :) It's a pain but since you can do it over time, that helps.

Tammy said...

What I find highly suspicious is the fact that almost the same day I got the same message as you did! I have no more picture memory either. And seriously a copy of my drivers license with ALL my info on it. Sounds bizarre. I haven't decided what to do yet either... sigh..

Tammy

Katnip Lounge said...

I had already bought extra storage so I didn't have any problems (I upload things in high-res for sharing) but it's weird that it all happened on the same day! FISHY.