Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Progress report on the twin's baby sweaters

Last fall I showed you the yarn that I had made so I could crochet baby sweaters for the identical twin girls that my boss's wife had last summer.

This sweater will be for Annie.

I figured that I'd better get on the stick or they would have outgrown 'em before I could make 'em, so I've been working on these sweaters in my spare time. As the yarn is pretty random, (it was spun and plied "as is" so there are some pretty wacky color combinations - (and there is the yarn that the "left" sleeve was crocheted from that turned into a rainbow!)

I finished the first sleeve for Violet's sweater (honestly, I got the wool long BEFORE I knew they were going to call one of the girls Violet, but isn't this just too perfect?) this afternoon while I was waiting for my laundry to wash. Next the yoke goes on and with that, attaching the sleeves, then the hoods.

All I can say is, I sure hope they fit... I'm definitely going to take them out and try them on the girls before I tuck in any ends, that is for sure!

I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Very cool yarn! I love the random combinations you get when you ply - it's kind of like a surprise package in the mail!

I'm sure the girls (and their parents) will love them!

Leigh said...

They look great! I don't ordinarily like crocheted sweaters, but I like these. And I love the colors. A treasure of a gift.