Thursday, February 03, 2011

Spinning, spinning & more spinning

I have been doing quite a bit of spinning in my spare time - this is some superwashed merino/mohair/silk blend that The Shepherd gave me for Christmas - 4 ounces of brown, green and red yumminess. Don't know what I'll do with it yet.








This is some of Kathy Green's potluck roving that I bought last fall at the Whatcom Weaver Guild sale. I have spun it "s" (counter-clockwise) and plied it "z" (clockwise) because it is a gift for a friend who crochets. I read an article in Spin-Off magazine that said that this type of spinning ("backwards" from conventional spinning) produces a nicer crocheted fabric. I've not made anything with my yarn spun this way yet, so, the "jury" is still out on this one - I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I am so tickled you've taken off with spinning, Tina! Good for you!