Sunday, February 27, 2011

Did I ever show you...

my Nora Roberts collection? Oh, really this is only about 20% of my Nora Roberts books -



And I have an Anne McCaffrey/Dragonriders of Pern collection, and a Sue Grafton Alphabet murders collection, and a Maeve Binchy collection . . . . oh, and all the Diane Mott Davidson cookbook murders. . . .

Actually I took this picture last year just before I cleared out a bunch of books to take to the local humongous garage sale to benefit Lydia Place - the local emergency home for women and children. I lightened my closet by 4 big boxes of clothes and my book shelves by three paper grocery bags full.

I need to do it again. How do I get so many books? Oh, well, there's those three book clubs, Costco, the grocery store...and Amazon.com - where it is soooo easy to just pop on line and order that book you've been wanting - right now I'm reading Christina Dodd's "Chosen One's" series - started at book 3, read book 4, ordered (I thought) books 1 & 2 from Az.com & one of the book clubs - Oops turned out I ordered book 2 & book 2... darn it - and not returnable either...oh, well, I'll trade with someone or our church garage sale is coming up soon -

What's on your nightstand?

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You're at it again, eh? ;) Maybe you could use an eReader. Kelly swears by them, but I still likes my books. The only problem is I have dragged them all over the house, at times.
I think I'd burn out too many batteries in a eReader - read a line, fall asleep with it on...read a line, fall asleep....