Wednesday, September 24, 2008

On the way back from Yakima on the 13th of September we stopped at the Mt. Si Nursery in North Bend. It is a very sweet little nursery and we have stopped there before.

It was almost closing time (45 minutes to go, really)... The Shepherd was concerned that he wouldn't have enough time to look through everything.

I assured him that he could easily get into enough trouble in 45 minutes...




While he perused the beds loaded with exciting and wonderful plants, I sat in a nice shady spot and took in the view - how would you like to have this as the view from your "office" every day?

It was one of those magical warm days where there is just a little bit of a cool breeze that blows over your skin and cools it like a silk fan. Like the warm water that laps over you in a lake at the end of the summer.









Squash blossoms the color of sunshine.























Blue pottery pots, the color of the sky.















And see, he did indeed have time to find a special little plant. A little contorted locust to add to his bonsai collection. And it didn't even take him the whole 45 minutes.

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Sitting in the shade taking pictures....what a wonderful way to spend an afternoon. And some great shots by the way!

Gone2theDawgs said...

Sitting here with it raining outside I enjoyed the beautiful sunny pics. I remember one day I hiked up to the top of Mt. Si SO excited to see the view from there....by the time I got to the top it had fogged in and I had absolutely NO view (unless you count fog as a view) :) Haven't attempted it since....maybe next summer...Thanks for the great pics!

Michelle said...

I love-love-love bonsai, but am afraid of the commitment they take. Guess I'll just enjoy photos of John's. :-)

Leigh said...

Definitely sounds like my kind of place! :)