Monday, February 19, 2007

Houston, we have lift off!

Or, otherwise speaking, he stood on his own two legs, with out yelps of pain or anything - for almost two minutes! Yeah! Giant blessings for small steps - each day he's getting a little better!

Truthfully, it is easy for me to see how caregivers can so easily mistreat the ones they are taking care of - that person is so dependant upon you, it is frightening! And exhausting - I got up a little late this a.m. - (7:45!) - the sheep are used to getting fed at "0-dark-30" but they must have decided to sleep in this a.m. too, because when I got out to the barn they were all snoozing away - and gave me this look, like "what are you doing out here so early!" I came back in, got John some cereal & did a few things around the house - at 9:00 I decided that I needed to lay down - just for a little bit - Gave DH the paper to read, but he was snoring before I could get to sleep - and we didn't wake up until 10:45! And even then, I felt like I could sleep for another day!

Our friend Nancy came over this afternoon. It cheered him to have someone new to tell his story to, and she is going to come over on Friday at noon to help us with shearing. John is bound and determined that he will be out there to watch - maybe that is the one thing we need for him to get better - do you think?

Back to work tomorrow - let's hope that shearing day anticipation does its magic!

Later - T.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks for posting the progress, Tina. What time do you get home in the evenings?

Yes, it IS really hard to be the one doing everything. Then again, you could do what Ralph has done with me on occassion...drug me real well, leave the TV or radio on something I like, then go out and do what YOU want to do. :)

I will talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FORM Johnny