Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Not quite Christmas in July...

So, my family, although we're all in the same state, is spread out, and it's awkward to drive through the traffic or over the passes to get together for Christmas- so, we don't really "celebrate" together like many other families do - in fact we kind of have a laissez faire attitude about Christmas presents - sort of a "you'll get them when you get them" approach. 

My sisters got their 2014 Christmas presents from me in May...well, I was only 5 months late...




Last week, I got a call from my youngest sister - she sort of goes by the philosophy of you'll get yours when I get mine.  And since she got her's last month , I've been anticipating  her call -

"I sent your Christmas package today - it's coming to your office - I hope that's OK?"

"I've included some "Hand-me-up" clothes" she said.  (And these two cool reusable shopping totes) 

Oh, good - I love her "hand-me-ups" - she has fairly good taste in clothes...

The first item in the box was a small muslin covered pillow - "hmmm, I thought - this is "weird" " - but then I dug down a little deeper, and found this really cute pillow cover  - Kitty and, velvet - what else could you ask for...


A decorated mug & coaster set - bigger than it looks - probably holds almost two cups -

Just perfect for the hot lemon tea that I can make with the dehydrated lemons that Trish sent me...


I love dragonflies -

This scarf is almost 4' square - so it is really more of a shawl - Old Navy - who'd a thought???

And, of course, the perfect stocking stuffer items - stickers, a box of Peeps and these cute elastic hair bands........

All in all, a pretty good Christmas box, don't ya think? 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

A lovely Christmas surprise!