Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'd rather be........


...in Hawaii at the Maui Ocean Center -

I got to thinking about Hawaii tonight because I spent the ENTIRE day entering payroll items in our new computer program - and our Controller had done quite a bit of set up before hand -

Why does this make me think of Hawaii?



Because the last time I did this was just before we went to Hawaii in 2004 -

The Maui Ocean Center was the highlight - otherwise it was the vacation from hell...

#1 - The Shepherd came down with pneumonia -
#2 - We were on Maui in October - generally a fairly nice time of year to be there - but they were "havin' a heat wave..." - even the locals were complaining about the heat...




It was nice and cool in this underwater tunnel - not so much in our condo - NO AIR CONDITIONING! They had ceiling fans, but no AC - the only place we had AC was in the car we rented - but The Shepherd was so sick, we really didn't go anyplace for two days. Bummer...







We did go to some beautiful botanical gardens tho - this one specialized in proteas -











And I think this is my favorite picture from the whole trip - I can almost smell the fragrance from these beautiful blossoms when I look at this picture.

Oh well.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that last photo, too, and the one of the sea turtle. Never been to Hawaii; don't have any plans to go. Mostly due to cost, but it's so beautiful around here that I really don't have an urge. Maybe if I still lived in the landlocked Midwest....

Kathy said...

Hawaii sounds good right now. We're supposed to get 3 to 5 ft. of snow this next week!
Maybe I've gotten to the point that ANYWHERE is starting to sound better! ;-)