Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Wishful Thinking.........





This is Maui, from Oct. 04 - - just wishful thinking.....










Everything was very green & vibrant - and HOT









Did I mention it was HOT - it was so hot that even the locals were complaining! There was no A/C in our condo because it was supposed to be cooled by the trade winds.











The trade winds had stopped. We went to the Maui Ocean Center Aquarium - it was cool there. It was also air conditioned!





So this is just a little break for those of us who have been freezing our toes off this winter to remind us that when it's 95 degrees with no tradewinds -









that somewhere , there are misguided daffodils wishing it was warmer too.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Thank you, Dear Friend! I sure needed that! :)
We're in a Heat Wave - it was just -3 F this morning!
When I last talked to my daughter in NZ, she was in shorts and hot, hot, hot it being mid-summer there. Sure wish I was there to enjoy the beach and the nice sea breezes in Auckland.

Michelle said...

Okay, you guys, I'm going to be the heretic here and say with passion, I'd MUCH rather have freezing temperatures than heat and humidity!!! I prefer bundling up to exposing myself, cooking and baking (your Chocolate Coma cookies are on my list today, Tina!) to thinking wondering what I can make for supper that won't heat up the kitchen, sleeping snugly to tossing and sweating, energy to lassitude. Of course, a high of 70 degrees year-round would be just about perfect....

Tina T-P said...

Oh, I know - I'll probably be complaining about the heat next August and it was WAYYYYY too hot in Hawaii when we were there - I thought I was going to melt like the people in one of those paintings by Edward Munch (LOL) but, it would be so nice not to have to wear three layers of clothes :-) T.

Kathy said...

I was thinking the same things...I'd rather be freezing than hot and no matter what it does, I'd probably complain it was too cold or too hot. :)
Yup...I'd rather bake in the oven at this time of year, than bake in the sun on my way to the barn.

Leigh said...

Tina, what gorgeous pix. Especially the one with the orange and magenta flowers. Lovely! I feel honored that you would want to share a link to my sweater with the Shetland folks. And I don't even have the Shetland worked in there yet!