Sunday, November 10, 2013

Even Though it's Pumpkin Time again...

Yes, even though it's Pumpkin time, this pretty blossom is in bloom in the nursery.  
 Not a big crop this year - this is about half, and we normally have about 2 dozen - just as well, we still have many packages left in the freezer from last year. It was just too hot to bake this summer. 

Some of the pretty leaves that have fallen from our many trees. 


And here's the proud gardener with one of this year's pumpkin crop.  He has a birthday next weekend - I found a biography of Red Cloud on Amazon last night - I think that it will have a couple of $20 bill bookmarks in it.  He's a very hard guy to buy for...

Hope you all have a good week.   

6 comments:

Katnip Lounge said...

yummy! I'm making smoothies nowadays and I think some roasted pumpkin would be scrumptious!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Now that's the kind of book Jan would love to get for her birthday. So she figures the Shepherd will love it too. Guess he'll get a special birthday meal too. Happy Birthday to him, in case we don't get back in time.

Michelle said...

John, I want one of those pumpkins!!!

Tammy said...

What variety pumpkins are those? I'm going to try and roast some pumpkins down and make puree to freeze. I have three waiting 'on the chopping block' just have to work up the nerve. I am giving the rest to the sheep who are loving them. (I got twelve free pumpkins from a farm stand vendor.)

Tammy

Kathy said...

The Shepherd and Ralph both did well with the pumpkins this year! We have over fifty of them from a few planted seeds AND volunteers that came up behind the barn, in the pasture, under the bridge across the creek...everywhere!
Good for both of them!

Knatolee said...

My pumpkin haul wasn't all that great this year. Must have been the weather! Yours look super.